Sunday, November 13, 2005

Prince of Peace Childrens Home




These are some of the kiddos that I spent the week with that became very near and dear to my heart. There is a story for each and everyone of them. God is blessing and working in their lives. What they have been thru and the way that they act it unbeilevable. God has had His hand in their lives.


Well just got back here at the Hines(which so much feels like home) after spending a week out at the childrens home. It was a great experience and gave both of us so much insight into what we are going to be doing. There were some good moments loving on those kiddos and then there were times when times when I was unsure how all of this was going to play out. I was thinking ok Lord you are going to have to get me thru this because as always I am not too sure how I am going to do this. But as I have said over and over again God is faithful and will continue to prove himself faithful to us. There are times of doubt but I have to continually remind myself that God is in control and it will all work out from start to finish.
Me and Jen most of the week worked with little babies. Oh how precious but our hearts got attached oh so quick. When it was time to leave yesterday it was not the easiest thing. But we are going to have to be getting use to that. We are going to have children coming in and out of our home. I want to love on them while I can reguardless! Even if my heart hurts when they have to leave. I will rest at knowing they were loved on and showed Jesus while they were in my home. That is just another thing that I am going to have to add to my list that God is going to have to take care of.
To see the way the God was working in this childrens home was amazing! Each and every child that was there has been thru extreme cases of trauma. From seeing their mom lined up and raped and shot by gang members in front of them and then the children were stabbed and left for dead, living with their mom in jail, being sexual abused, and being swung around by their hair till it fell out. The stories could go on. The thing is God is healing each and everyone of these children. They are put in a wonderful home where I saw that they were loved on and shown Jesus. To see the healing and deliverance is amazing. May God continue to heal those broke hearts and bless lives abundantly for His kingdom.
Please be praying for the decisions that me and Jen are having to make. Pray that we will have the wisdom that we need to make choices that are honoring. Thank you all so much for your support.

No comments: