Monday, August 06, 2007

What we are use to......

So recently spent some time in Nicaragua visiting Dorians family. What an eye opener it is for me. Sometimes I forget about what all I am surrounded by.
It is all about what I am use to.

The time spent there was wonderful but what an experience.........
To see someone make a living by selling things for a penny more then what they bought it for.
To start working around 4am and finish in the evening at 6 or 7pm.
To work in seems like 120 weather..........unbearable
To ride two to three hours on a crowded, smelly, sweaty bus to get to work and back.

These are just a few to name some but I am thankful for the time that was spent there to open up my eyes and remind of what those around me live like each and every day.

I just pray that I am continually aware of the things around me and never become hardened by seeing them day in and day out.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karen,

Amanda Phillips here. I stayed at the children's home a night while you were in Nicaragua and accidently left my blanket there. Last I head Jen had taken it up to the apartment so the kid's would mess with it. I talked to Nicole and she said that ya'll had some mailbox address down there where you could mail it to me if you put the postage on ahead of time or something? Anyways if you could please put that in the mail I will send you the money that it costs to get it back here when Marc goes down here soon or whatever. Sorry to make such a fuss over a blanket but I've had it since 6th grade and we're pretty close haha. I hope this doesn't inconvenience you too horribly much.

Thanks so much,
Amanda

p.s. Could you also tell Monica her friend Amanda from church says hi I would appreciate it! We became good buddies when I spent the night. :-)