Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hurricane

As most of you know Hurricane Felix is heading our way. It is easy in these moments to kick into panic mode. I am blogging to ask for your prayers. That God covers and protects us and keeps us safe. Right now of course I am worried about our well beings and the kiddos here, but I think of how blessed we really are. Those living around us don't have any kind of shelter compared to us. So my heart goes out to each and every family who is out there who is in danger.

But more importantly I am thinking of those who have a house on hillside that could possibly be swept away within the next 24 hours by mudslides. I think of those who are completely clueless right now and they have no radios and are out in the middle of no where. They do not even have the slightest clue what is coming upon them. I think of those out there with their mud floors, as the rain comes and sweeps thru their homes and their floor becomes a river. I think of those kiddos and adults out there on the streets who are homeless and have no where to run to for safety. They will be in the storm.....literally. I think of those kiddos out there who are in their homes and have no parents and no one to help them. The scenarios could go on........those are just a few to embed into your mind so you can cry out to God on their behalf.

I think of Central America and what is going to take place here in the next couple days. I pray that God covers and protects each and everyone of us. In this time may we hit our knees and cry out to God and may God use this time to change hearts and draw us closer to him.

Thank your for your prayers!

I will keep you posted. But do not panic if you do not hear from us. It could be we have lost elec. or our satellite signal for internet. Just keep praying!

3 comments:

Mark said...

Wish we were there with you.... really!!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so helpless here and you there. with God all things are possible. pray pray pray pray pray pray pray
love you
dad

Anonymous said...

Each of you, the children and all the Honduran people are in our prayers. Our church, as well, are lifting you up in prayer.
I pray that God will command his angels to keep watch over you and keep you safe.
With love and prayers.
S. Tindall, Borger, Tx.