Friday, October 26, 2007

Happy B~Day Rudy

So Rudy we celebrated Rudy's b~day with him on Tuesday the 23rd . He turned 11 years old. Which makes him the oldest kiddo in the house, although he does not look it at all!

Marc had made some plans to have a bonfire with the group that is here and have a cookout for Rudy's b~day. Well that so much did not happen. The bonfire was all ready but the wood was just too wet to even start a fire. So the plan of cooking out was canceled and we just ate the hotdogs with chips and potato salad inside. And then the group was running late that night so we ate with out them so at this point Rudy had waited for this all day and was feeling a little bummed. The group arrived while we were eatting supper and had brought cake and ice cream and Rudy his very own soccer ball! So his face began to light up and he was back to being happy!
For those of you who know Rudy he has a hard exterior and is hard to get to know. He is never one who will come up to you and ask for a hug or want to snuggle up to ya. Well in the past three weeks he has changed. He has cried out to me, "love me"! I always hug him and tell him good morning and he sort of pushes me away and acts irritated that I would even want to hug him.
Well I guess all of those good morning's and hugs paid off. He whispered in my ear "I love you" for the first time. And it is daily now that he hugs me and wants to snuggle up to me. He is wanting to just be loved. His hard exterior is being broken and this little boy is truly letting us love him. When we watch movies before we go to bed he seems to almost always sneak his way over to me and want to cuddle up to me. Sweet stuff! This is not only with me but with Dorian and one of our ladies that work for us he is warming up to them and wanting their attention and them to play with him and just love him! He is taking discipline much better than before and learning to respect and have boundaries. He still has street mentality at times but he is coming along for sure!

And as I always tell you guys I see this changes because of the awesome God we have! Thank God!

God may you continue to be a God of great big love and may you help me to mirror your love to these children!

Happy Birthday Rudy!


Sorry for the lack of pics. Terri got some pics I think of the b~day that night but I didn't get any! So for all of you picture people I will get some pics on here soon!

No comments: