Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Stealing

Ok so this mother sure does not know how to do the whole parenting thing. Never claimed that I did but right now am just at a point not knowing so much of what we need to do with some of the children.
We have ran into a problem with our children stealing! We here at the house have done everything I think to discipline them and it is just not working. It just sometimes gets to the point wondering am I doing this right? I have been given this awesome privilage to be a momma to these kiddos and some days I wonder if I was meant to do this, but hey I guess we all have days like that.
They are stealing to the right and left. It has been an ongoing thing for awhile and sometimes I think our eyes are just blind to it and we do not even know it is happening,those smart little kiddos. Well within the last month we have had an incident it feels like everyday. I have punished, disciplined, and loved them thru all of this but it does not seem to be changing things.
Ashley and I looked at each other the other day and just said what are we going to do we these children. We were at the point we were not so sure what else there was to do, but as always we always have to pray and pray and pray. God has changed so many of our children and I know that he will continue to change their little hearts.
For two of our children it really is just a learned behavior. They knew the street life and that is what I think that they did to get by. Well here they are getting by just fine and still are wanting to do these things. It is a learned behavior and so now we are trying to show them different. They have already lived 10 years of their lives so it is hard for them to see things how we see them. So pray we patiently love them thru this.
So as times get frustrating and this mother sure does not know what to do I pray that God continues to reign down his wisdom upon me. And as for you parents our there reading this and have any advice to pass long please do so. I could always use it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Choices have consequences" and showing them that and prayer is probably the best thing you can do!shar

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I know the frustrations with teaching 2 or 3 children with normal backgrounds. As you report, this is something the children learned to survive. In dealing with my own children, I found that denying them privileges that were very important to them was beneficial.Denying television,
a birthday party, playing on their bicycles or the trampoline are a few things and to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY,
which I know you do.