Friday, May 16, 2008

Cleaning in the school

This would never happen in the states...............
I find myself saying this exact same thing all of the time here in Honduras. Today the kids were told to wear "ropa de color" today to school. Which would be just normal clothes. Well the reason for this was so that they could clean. They began to ask me for bleach, a bucket, or disinficant to take to school today to clean. So Pamela gathered up a bucket and Brayan a scrub brush. On the way to school I passed other children with buckets, bleach, and machetes. Yes I just said machete, I would never let one of our children carry a machete to school. I guess some of the children were going to cut grass.
They already miss school so much around here. The average I would say is that they go to school maybe two or if we are lucky three times a week. So this is the third time this week that they got to go to school and today they were not going to learn but to clean.

No comments: