Saturday, August 23, 2008

Rosita

For most of you who keep up with my blog you have read about little Rosita! She has been here at Casa for about a month now. She came to us and is unable to hear, so there for she is unable to speak. We are doing our best to communicate with her and it looks like I might even learn another language yet, sign language. I never would have imagined learning more than one and here I go with another.
We are in the process of getting her tested to see if there is a possibility for her to hear with hearing aids. We have been told she has been tested before and it says she is unable to hear, but hey we are not giving up on her. We were told she lost her hearing at a young age due to her mother not taking care of her.
So last week started the testing. She went to the Dr. and he talked about the steps we need to take with her now. The Dr. are saying because she is 9 years old that even with hearing aids it is going to hard for her to learn to speak. They are saying past age 6 it is hard to learn to develop the skills to speak. She goes next week to get her ears cleaned and then the following week for the full exam. In the mean time we are to be training her with a whistle. Every time she hears a whistle when we blow it she is to respond by putting her hand up. So we shall start here and see where we get.
I am writing this to plead with all of you out there to take time to pray for this little girl. We have a great BIG God and I am not giving up on Rosita yet and I am praying to God that she will be able to hear. I will continue to keep you all update but please lift Rostia before our Great Big GOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am praying that she will be able to hear something and if she can't be able to learn to sign so she can communicate fully with others. I am also going to try to send the signing book to you when Marc and Terri come here in Sept.
Lanetta W.