Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin

Here is the pumpkin! A little sad looking I know but it was the best we could do.
Had a little problem cutting the teeth, it's a true WV pumpkin. Missing some teeth! Although Dorian got the glue gun and glued back in the tooth!
Carving the face
Cutting off the top!

So yesterday on our day off Dorian and I found a pumpkin at the supermarket. I have never noticed the past couple of years here that they even sell pumpkins here in Honduras. So I was quite happy when I found one. Fall is by far my favorite time of the year and I miss it. So to have a little bit of home here with me during fall made me happy. I was even more excited to carve a pumpkin with Dorian. He had never done it before! So it was fun to get to carve a pumpkin with Dorian. I had to do a little convincing but soon after Dorian was up and cleaning out the pumpkin and carving away. So here are some pictures I thought I would share of Dorian carving his first pumpkin! Wish the kids could experience this too but the pumpkins are a little too expensive for us to buy them for all of the kiddos.

2 comments:

Anita said...

My son in law is very talented! I love how he takes care of my baby!

Anonymous said...

Maybe Dorian could super glue KArens tongue and slow her talking down some....so we could understand her english. :) Shar