Thursday, February 19, 2009

Panic!!!

Today brought about quite about a lot of panic to a classroom full of mothers.

Today in the school there was a 1st grade parent meeting. So all of the first graders went outside to play as all of the adults gathered in the classroom for the meeting. We were maybe an half an hour into the meeting when a child came knocking of the door and said one of the first graders had fallen into a well down over the hill.
Abrubtly all of the mothers jumped to their feet scurring to find their child(ren). I stopped in my steps for a minute and thought God give me the strenght to deal with what I am about to see. I quickly found two of my first graders, Fernando and Daniela. Although I could not find Monica and Sisi. Panic set in!!! I told the other children to help me look and they just looked at me dumb founded. I was afraid to even begin to head down over the hill to the well. I was scared to death that I was not going to be able to deal with what I was going to have to see.
Then I hear one of the parents say it is a little girl in the well. Then the heart starting beating faster and faster. I hurried down over the hill shoeing the other kids back to the school and not to follow me.
Quickly to find the director of the school in the well with this little girl trying to get her out. There in all of the comotion I quickly came to find Monica and Sisi. In those 5 to 10mins that I could not find them it seemed like an hour to me. I hugged them and started to cry in relief that they were ok. I told them had to be by my side and not to move.
Those around the well threw a rope down and the director helped them pull her out. She seemed to be ok just wet and shaken up. Then came the director out and he was covered in mud and gunk.
So many mothers were in franic. I think it took me at least til 3 this afternoon to calm down from it and for my heart beat finally to get back on beat.
Today I am thankful that this little girl is safe!!!
The school said there was a cover on the well but someone had taken it off. I will be going tom. to make sure that they have put a lock on the cover!!!

No comments: