Sunday, December 13, 2009

Youth Group outting

Swimming
Waterfall

The youth group in November took an outing up on the mountain in Ojojona to the waterfall. Saturday is my day off so I got to tag along with them. It was quite the hike to the waterfall. One of the girls came in high heels, another in broke flip flops, and in soccer cleats and then there was me in my rain boots. It was pretty cold when we headed up the mountain. Little did I think it would be hot up on the mountain. I didn't even come prepared to get in the water and swim. So it was quite the journey to get to the waterfall. On the way back Dorian had to end up carrying one of the kids because he could no longer walk with his soccer cleats down the mountain.
Everyone was sure to bring something along with them and we had a nice lunch together everyone sharing what they had brought. On our way back down the mountain we were sure to stop on Ojojona to share a devo with those in the church in Ojojona.
It was a good day of fellowship and the kids are already asking when we are going back again.

Fabiola came along with her momma Cynthia
She decided she would put on my boots although she had a hard time trying to walk
Making the hike to the waterfall
Jossilin and Ana under the waterfall

No comments: