Friday, January 01, 2010

Sign Lanuage

Learning to sign a song together

Even Terri got called on to sign in front of all us

Manos Felices has been very generous and while the kids are on break they have been coming to the house once a week in the afternoons to teach all of us sign language. It has been a huge barrier for all of us to talk to Rosy. She is for sure one of our strong willed children and sometimes we would like to be able to communicate clearly with her.
The kids all at times ask me how to sign certain things and we have to pull out the sign language book and look it up. Rosy is not so helpful at wanting to teach us. I think she thinks can get away with more things when we can not communicate with her. We still find a way to get our point a crossed.
I know I have learned a lot more signs to help me communicate with Rosy. Hopefully the staff and the kids have learned a lot more too.

No comments: