Wednesday, October 27, 2010

unexpected

This week has turned out to be quite different than what I expected.
Last Sunday in the school there was a mandatory work day for the parents. Everyone was busy moving rocks, cutting grass, raking grass, sweeping, burning trash, to painting. Well I was not there more than 15 mins and was carrying rocks down over the hill when I twisted my foot in a hole. I heard a big snap but was able to get back up. There was a little pain at first but as I continued to walk the pain got worse. I roughed it out and continued to work another hour. Although someone saw I was hurt and offered me their paint brush so that I would not have to be up and down a lot.
Getting here to the house I went straight to church. So I still had not really talked to anyone or told anyone what had happened.After church I took off my shoe to see it was bruised and swollen. My shoe must have been given my some support because putting on flip flops I could not walk. After church and talking with Dorian we headed to town to have my foot checked out. They took lots of x-rays and such and said it looked fractured at first but then they said it was just a rare case of torn ligaments. So they decided to put a cast on it to stablize it for the time being. I go back tomorrow and they are taking off the cast and going to do more x-rays to see how it is healing. Possibly depending on how things turn out tomorrow I might have to have surgery.
So it has been a slow week for me. Lots of rest and with my foot up. I am not doing so good having to depend on everyone to help me but I am learning.
The frustrating part about all of this is some people I love dearly are here right now and I was looking foward to spening the week with them some this week. Well those plans have fallen thru.:( Although I am hoping to see all of them this weekend!!!!
Please keep me in your prayers as this is hard for me to slow down and ask for help. Hoping to learn a lot from this. Already it is humbling me. Also pray for the healing and that I do not have to have surgery.

No comments: