Thursday, April 14, 2011

Stateside

Crazy how I quickly I forget some of the conveniences of being here in the states. After being here only a few days I am already blessed and reminded of the many conveniences of living here in the states.
To name just a few that has stood out to me in the last couple of days!
  • Went to get my license renewed and Dorian could not believe that in just a matter of 15 minutes that I had my my new license and we were on our way. Things in Honduras don't seem to work so smooth. They can take a hours or sometimes turn into a whole day or even turn into a whole week or longer. The people at the DMV were super nice and it was super quick. I think I had forgotten how much easier it is to get things done here stateside.
  • Taking a nice long hot shower with pressure. We have hot water showers there but sometimes I can't seem to get the shower at just the right temperature. As for the pressure, it is unheard of. We are luck to have a small stream or drizzle at times and then I am luck to get all of the soap and shampoo/conditioner off of me. So I am loving the nice long Hot pressurized showers!!!
  • I am finding myself throwing my toilet paper away in the trash cans in the bathrooms. It is so nice to be able to go to the bathroom and not worry about flushing your toilet paper. Who would have ever thought, the freedom of flushing your toilet paper.
  • Samoas!!!!! :)
So while I am here for the next month I will continue to enjoy and take in all of the joys and pleasures of being here stateside!!!!

No comments: