Sunday, July 03, 2011

Birth Certificates

I have been working hard the past 4 years to get birth certificates for the Carrasco's (Doris, Reina, Fernando, and Katy)going on 5 years. We have not made much head way, only a big headache. We are only told time and time again that that papers are being done, but in reality they just give us a new constancia stating that it is in the works when really nothing is being done. Frustrating!!! It is something that I have to stay on top of or they do not work on them. These birth certificates are very important. For them to be accepted in this culture an get a job, to get an ID and graduate from 6th grade and high school they have to have this document. No exceptions!!!
About two years ago I took all of them to medicine forensic to get exams done on them as to what sort of age they really are. Well somewhere along the line the papers got lost. They only have a hard copy at the office and they can not give us a copy. So all of that was a waste. The children's services lawyer (IHNFA) has been working along side us to get their papers but no luck.
Also we have Nohemy that does not have her birth certificate. So this past week I had to take her into IHNFA to get an dental exam for her age. It was very quick and the papers were typed up by the dentist and given to the lawyer. I asked the lawyer if I could just bring the Carrasco's also to IHNFA to get a new exam done. She said to bring them in the next day. It is much easier to just get the exams done at IHNFA although a few years ago they did not have the dentist and this was not an option. Although bringing them in the next day was not going to be an option. Short staffed and too many other things going on. So I came back home with Nohemy and called the school and told them I needed to pick up the Carrasco's from school and to have them ready. So I turned right back around after dropping Nohemy off at the house and went to pick up the other kids from school and took them into IHNFA to get their dental exams done.
Just crossing my fingers by the end of the year we have these birth certificates in our hands! When we do finally have them I think I will be throwing a party!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: