Saturday, July 09, 2011

June 2011 Update

June 2011

In June 2006 we took our first kids at Casa de Esperanza. This month marks 5 years that Casa de Esperanza has been helping, loving, and ministering to children. What a joy and journey it has been. We continue to learn along the way. In the past five years we have learned a lot about taking care of these kids and just the general rules of a children's home in Honduras. Just like anything there are days we laugh, rejoice, cry, get frustrated, and just want to throw our hands up but, I am thankful for this ministry that God has placed me in to minister to these children.

I continue to feel great with this pregnancy!!!! I am out of the first trimester. Mid June I hit three months. Crazy how fast the time is already gone by. I still feel beyond blessed that this miracle has been placed inside me. This whole process is just so amazing. The way God has created my body to carry this child and the way this child is being formed inside me.................I am in Awe and Amazed at this miracle that is inside of me.

Dorian continues to stay very busy working with some of the groups. He leaves in the morning and it is usually night before I see him again. He is tired and they are long days but I really think he is enjoying the work he is doing. Only about 4 to 5 more weeks of teams. Then things start to calm down.

Speaking of groups......they really seem to be in full swing here at Casa de Esperanza. Several groups a week stop by for the afternoon to see the children's home, play and love on the kids and shop in our Casa store. The store really is such a huge income during the summer months. The kids even have some of their stuff they have made in the store. The kids are beaming when they find out someone has bought their stuff. On top of that the kids get a little bit of the profit for themselves.

We continue to covet your prayers for the kids and our ministry here in Honduras.

Blessings~
Dorian and Karen Guido

No comments: