Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Jackson

I am here stateside. The kids are always trying to do things they normally don't do and wouldn't do while I am not there. Some of them jump for joy as I leave to come to the states and a few are sad when I leave. They love the  freedom and the small to big things that they get to do that sometimes I don't allow.
For example I would probably let my child climb a tree but with 23 kids I just make the rule no tree climbing. I make exceptions when they get fruit down but I don't let them play in trees. Boys want to be boys and they love playing in trees. Sometimes it depends with each staff member the rules we have for the kids. We try to generally all do the same rules but there a few things we do differently. Tree climbing is one of those.
Well from what I can gather Jackson and Bryan made a zip line and it didn't end too well. Jackson broke a bone and had to have surgery. I know it is super hard for Jackson to sit still. He is go go go all of the time. So him being down I am sure won't keep him down for long.
I know for Jackson it was a lesson learned the hard way. Although I bet it won't stop him from trying to climb more trees.
Let's hope for less eventful things with the kids while I am gone for the sake of those watching the kids. They might all be ready to pass the kids off to me and run far away by the time I get back. Thanks Terri for taking care of the kids while I'm gone. It's sounds like you will have a few more gray hairs by the time I get back.

No comments: