Friday, January 03, 2014

Happy New Year

We spent New Year's Eve Day traveling. We are back home!! It was great to be home and visit and see everyone. We got to be there for Korbin's 2nd birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. It was Dorian's and Korbin's first Thanksgiving state side. I was really looking forward to Thanksgiving. It had been since 2004 that I had celebrated Thanksgiving with my family in the states.
All in all it was a great trip. Always hard to say good bye. It never gets easy. Although it was great to be greeted by all of the kids when we got home. It was a long day traveling especially with a a little one. He was so hyper active and was all over the place. Trying to get him to sit still on the plane was a challenge.
I rung in the new year in bed asleep. The kids had a fun filled evening with Terri and Nicole. They both slept in each house. As all of the staff had the night off. The kids went outside between 9 and 10 and I went out for a little while with Korbin. We came back in at 10 and I decided we were going to bed. By 10:30 we were both sound asleep. I remember my phone ringing at 11:00 thinking what in the world is going on. I was out of it. It was my mom calling to tell me happy new year. She said I picked up and was awful grumpy and hung up the phone on her. Sorry mom. Anyways shortly after the firewroks started going off nonstop. I vaguely remember the fireworks. I just remember hearing Olman screaming outside as the kids and Marc blew up the old man and set off fireworks. He gets scared pretty easy plus it was late and I think he was tired. The kids loved the fireworks, cookout with hot dogs, pizza, movies, Wii, and staying up late.

 Katy and Yair
 Ana
All of the kids were excited to get to show off their new bikes.
 Cindy
 And then there was a surprise. Antonio had been asked if he wanted to come home and celebrate the New Year's with his family. He of course said, "Yes." He had been really good and they had not had any problems with him so they let leave the campus for the night. He returned early the next morning. All of the kids were soooo happy to get to see Antonio. He came and helped me unpack and just wanted to sit and talk. I miss that boy!!
 Sisi
Katy and Any

Happy New Year! May 2014 be one of the best yet. Excited for all that is in store this year for CASA. 

No comments: