Friday, December 07, 2007

worship

There is such a pureness to children. They sure can be stubborn at times and quite the handful but they are a huge blessing and have big hearts!

Yesterday as they were playing outside they decided they wanted to worship God. In one of the tops of the playground they sat up seats and put plants and little decorations as their area of worship. Their "building" where they came together to worship. Two of the kids came up to me an wanted to let me know that this was a for real thing. They were not playing "church" or anything but they just wanted to worship God! They continued to tell me that they were changing from here on out how they would act. They would now say please always before wanting something, when another child is not listening or want to fight with them they would come to tell me instead of fighting with them, and then lastly they said they would not do bad things anymore. They were going to be good kids to make God happy!

As I sat there and listened I thought how sweet they really are going to try to do this and be good kids but I knew this would not last for long but in the moment it was too sweet.
So they continued to worship. They all got together and circled up and wrapped their arms around each other and on their knees they prayed. As Brayan was on his knees he raised in hands with his face toward the heavens. Sweet, sweet moment! Wish I could captured it for you all to see. They then continued to sing and praise God with all of their heart...........belting out every last cord they sang. Rudy even had a Bible with him reading to them as they all attentively sat and listened.

I think that this is why Jesus calls us to be like the little children!

When will we have the pureness of worship back, I think among all of things we do we get lost and forget that we are here to live our lives as worship!

Put a smile on God's face and worship Him today in ALL you do!

No comments: