Saturday, October 17, 2009

Brayan

Yesterday shortly after noon I received a call from the Director of the school. He told me that I needed to meet him here in town at the health department that one of our kids had hurt their arm. I also asked him which one of the kids it was and he told me Brayan. I could hear someone one yelling and crying in the back groud. I know that every Friday that go to a big field for gym day and to play soccer and other games. So my first thought was that he had broken his arm while playing soccer in the field.
Anyways without wasting any time me and Dorian were out the door to the health department. Upon entering the health Dept. I came to find that Brayan was already in the room with the Dr.'s. Dorian asked the nurse where he was and she rudly told us to take a seat. Which is not what we wanted to hear. Dorian was not too happy about that and knew there was nothing he could do at that point but pray. It was time for the kids to be getting out of school, so off Dorian went to get the kids from school.
The Director of the school saw of was there and he stepped out of the room to let me go in with Bryan. As soon as I entered the room I saw Brayan laying there in pain yelling, screaming, and scared. I went over to his side to just touch him and let him know I was there and with the first 5 seconds I was in there the nurse told me I needed to leave the room and that I could not be there with him. Although in the 5 short secs I was in there I did see that he had a hunk out of his upper arm. It was probably an 1 1/2 inches wide and and 1 inch deep. I hurt for him just upon seeing the wound and the pain he was in.
After waiting out in the room a nurse came out to tell me that he was on the edge of cutting a vein open but it was missed, thank you LORD!! So they carefully put the vein back in and sewed him up with 10 stitches. He was in pain for awhile but once the pain meds picked in he was feeling good. By the time we got in the car to go home he was laughing and feeling good.

No comments: