Monday, June 06, 2011

Refuge



This was passed onto to me and wanted to pass it on to others to share..........

"O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by." - Ps. 57:1


I found these Tiger Moths in a field behind our property. As I set up my tripod to take this image, I noticed the larger moth gently enfold the smaller one in its wings. Whatever danger this strange intruder presented to the moths, the one moth was going to protect the other. And the closer I got, the more the smaller moth sought shelter under the wings of its mate. Isn't it strange that whenever life threatens to destroy us, we try to fight back on our own? Wouldn't it make more sense to take refuge under more powerful wings? - John

No comments: