Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bryan

Last month at visitation Bryan's mom told him she had went to the judge's office and she hoped to soon have Bryan home with her again. Which meant he would be leaving CASA. I don't have a lot of say in that at times. His mom went off to the bathroom and he told me he really didn't want to go. I told him he needed to tell her but he said he was afraid she would be mad at him. The judge is the one makes the final decisions. Well Bryan's mom told me she had already went to the judges office and that she needed a letter of recommendation from me. She wanted it that very day but I told her I didn't know how the judge exactly wanted the letter that she was asking for. So Bryan and I made plans and we were going to go to the judges office and talk to her. 
Bryan was very torn about what he wanted and scared about what might happen. He said he would make the choice and talk to the judge about what he wanted and hoped the judge would listen. Don't get me wrong he loves his family but he just knows for his education and such he needed to stay here at CASA. 
One day last week Marc took Bryan and me to the judges office. We came to find out the judge was on vacation and we would have to come back next week. So Marc went back with him on Monday and the judge talked to Bryan and Marc. She asked Bryan what he wanted. He said he wanted to stay here to they wrote up an act and had Marc and Bryan sign it stating that Bryan would continue to live here at CASA. 
That was a huge relief for Bryan. Now he is dreading seeing his mom next week at visitation. He's not too sure how to tell her that he doesn't want to leave here. He is afraid she will be angry. So praying peace over his heart and understanding for his mom as they see each other next week at visitation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bryan is such a great guy! He has really grown between our visits in 2010 and 2013. He was a great help on the pavillion project. Give him a big hug for me...and then knock is cap off or something. lol!
I assume he has had a visit now from his mom, I hope that it went OK.